How to find us?
Passport of the Republic of Lithuania
Passport is a document issued to citizens of the Republic of Lithuania, confirming personal identity and is intended for going abroad. Passport contains texts in the Lithuanian, English and French languages.
From 2019 May 20 the Personalisation of Identity Documents Centre started issuing the updated passports of the Republic of Lithuania.
The new passport is designed to comply with the EU requirements and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) recommendations. The passport contains 32 numbered pages plus a polycarbonate personal identification page with data, photo and signature engraved by laser engravers.
Please pre-book your appointment to renew your Passport or ID card to [email protected]
We will notify you by email of the exact time and date of your appointment.
You must arrive at the Embassy in person at appointed time for your fingerprints scanning.
His/her parents can order a Passport for a baby born child 1-12 months old. In all the other cases, child’s participation is necessary.
REGARDING PASSPORT AND ID CARD RENEWAL OR ISSUANCE FOR THE FIRST TIME, PLEASE BRING to the Embassy with you
- Valid identity document (Lithuanian Passport, ID card or Canadian Passport).
- 2 color Canadian passport format photos.
- A prepaid CANADA POST Xpress post envelope with a sticker on personal delivery (for shipping within Canada from the Embassy in Ottawa to the address you specify) to send a passport or ID card if you do not come to collect the document in person. If you want to collect the document in person, please make an appointment [email protected]
- Consular fee can be paid by debit or credit cards or please bring a certified bank check – recipient is Embassy of Lithuania. Embassy does not accept cash or personal checks, so sorry. Prices for document issuance you can find at here.
The validity of the passport from the date of issue specified therein is:
- 2 years if the passport is issued to a citizen under 5 years of age;
- 5 years if issued to a citizen aged 5 to 16 years;
- 10 years if issued to a citizen aged 16 or over;
- 12 months, when no citizen's fingerprints can be read temporarily.
Passport issuance can take up to two months from your visit until you receive your passport to the address you specify.
Along with the a new passport or ID card you will receive a receipt and form which will has to be filled out and send to the Embassy in Ottawa by email or mail.
Upon received your confirmation, we will activate you passport and it will become valid – you are going to be informed about this by email.